VMF youth programs for 2016 include:
- The Student Jazz Competition on March 13th, where five talented young musicians compete live for prize money and a spot in future VMF concerts.
- A special Rising Stars concert on May 6th to be offered free of charge and featuring the Camerata High School Chorus of the Los Robles Children’s Choir, the winner of the Student Jazz Competition and outstanding young classical musicians.
- VMF’s Music in the Schools program, which will serve upwards of 4,000 elementary school children in both school and after-school setting. (Including Casa Pacifica and Boys & Girls Clubs)
- The VMF 2016 Children’s Concert involves two wonderful programs: Sneetches, with the Dr. Seuss text and a relatively new and fun musical work by a Latin composer; and Ogden Nash’s text will accompany Saint-Saens’ fabulous Carnival of the Animals music. We’ll use the versions developed for two pianos, with lively narration supplied by VMF Artistic Director Nuvi Mehta.
- Free or heavily discounted tickets for all 2016 Festival concerts.
Special thanks to our 2016 youth programs Sponsors:
- Miriam Wille
- Hammer-Hewson Associates
- Janet & Mark Goldenson
- Julius Gius Memorial Rotary Foundation
- Kiwanis Club of Ventura
- Edward Arkin
Freddie & Al Contarino
Sandra & Jordan Laby
Celine Gillibrand for P.W. Gillibrand Co.
Montecito Bank & Trust
Schwab Charitable Fund
Gloisten Family Charitable Foundation
Ventura Beach Marriott
Dr. Peter Cannon
Limoneira Limco Del Mar
Aera Energy LLC
Arianna Ashkar, Brett Ashkar, John Ashkar & Family
Janet & Mark Goldenson
Dr. Richard & Lori Reisman
*as of June 1, 2016
2016 © Ventura Music Festival | www.venturamusicfestival.org | 805-648-3146
The Ventura Music Festival is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Tax ID# 77-0314562